Four Corners Trails Forum Index Four Corners Trails
where trail riders meet!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Competitive Trail Ride in Farmington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Four Corners Trails Forum Index -> Backcountry Skills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoebeindurango

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Competitive Trail Ride in Farmington Reply with quote

Does anyone else compete in the NATRC rides? I am going to take my 5 year old to the Chokecherry Ride near Farmington in a couple of weeks. I have done some of these before. It is a good fit for back country riders. If anyone is interested or wants to learn more, email me at pbechtolt@yahoo.com
ladybugranchnm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, resurrecting an old post here.

Phoebe, are you going to be doing any NATRC rides this year? I was thinking about doing a few of the local ones around Farmington.

Nicole
phoebeindurango

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: NATRC rides Reply with quote

Hi,
I am going to try to do Air Force Academy (my great aunt used to put on the ride and she was a national champion), so I'd like to do that one while she is still alive. Also, I might do Navajo Dam and Purgatory. I might do the April one by Farmington too. If you want a good one to start with that would be it. Fairly easy ride and close by.

Let me know if you have any questions about how these things work. You can email me directly at pbechtolt@yahoo.com
Painted Horse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did NATRC in the 90's But kinda of dropped out. I put on the Strawberry ride in Utah for 6 years. But we just coudn't get a following to support it. Most of Region III rides are in Southwest Colorado or Northern NM. I just got tried of 8-10 hour drives to go spend the weekend.

At the same time I would drive past so many great places to ride in Utah that I just hadn't had the time to explore.

I think that NATRC is a great sport, and think that people who want to trail ride and camp with horses should do a couple rides to learn how to spend a weekend with their horses.

The judges used to ask me to perform a task, I'd say, I don't think my horse has ever done that, so lets try. Nope can't do that, and I'd go home and practice and next time we could do it. NATRC was great motivation to teach my horse more skills.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Four Corners Trails Forum Index -> Backcountry Skills All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: