Four Corners Trails Forum Index Four Corners Trails
where trail riders meet!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horse Trailer Camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Four Corners Trails Forum Index -> The Campfire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osue077

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Horse Trailer Camera Reply with quote

So I have been playing around with this for a while and I thought that I would enlighten everyone because this has turned out great.

I bought this wireless back-up camera at Walmart for about 100 bucks http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4744711 and put it in the truck and trailer. It did not work very good at first, actually I almost took it back thinking that it wasn't going to work for what I wanted. Well I looked at it a bit more and realized that the antenna for the camera is wrapped in shrink wrap directly next to the positive and negative wires which would probably cause some interference. So I unwrapped the shrink wrap and seperated the two and what a difference that made. I used if for a month or so but would get static and interference here and there so, I routed the antenna outside of the trailer attached on a home made support rod and the picture has been crystal clear ever since. I will try to post some pictures up to show what I have done and how it is attached. You can clearly see 4 horses in my stock trailer now, and the piece of mind is wonderful. Here is the set up that I currently use it on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Four Corners Trails Forum Index -> The Campfire All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: